way to promote your skills than to release a mix cd of your recent
work? By doing this Timo's flexing both arms...his remix abilities,
which are astounding, and his mixing skills. He even sneaks one
of his own tracks into the mix in as if to say "hey, I can
Maas has taken
the remix throne in electronic music during the last few years,
which was previously dominated by Fatboy Slim. He demonstrates
his range of styles by including remixes from artists like Kelis,
Garbage and Placebo, taking them from house to big beat and a
few places between. He takes Moby's "We Are All Made Of Stars"
and darkens it up a bit, adds a more prevalent four-four beat,
and the end product bares little resemblance to the original.
"Star 69" by Fatboy Slim goes from a heavy four-four
house track to a censored break beat version.
the Maases 2 is a solid compilation of Timo's recent work,
the fact that he mixed them makes this disc even cooler. If you're
a fan of remixes, this is one to add to your collection! Ditto
if you're just a fan of cool music.
liked Music for the Maases 2....
Young Fresh and New (Timo Maas Remix) - Kelis
2. Breaking Up The Girl (Timo Maas Remix) -
3. See (Timo Maas Remix) - Starecase
4. Unite - Timo Maas
5. Familiar Feelings (Timo Maas Remix) - Moloko
6. Subfreakie (Timo Maas Remix) - Haktan O'Nal
7. 69 Overdrive (Timo Maas Remix) - Spice
8. Star 69 (Timo Maas Remix) - Fatboy Slim
9. Never Gonna Come Back Down (Timo Maas Remix)
10. We Are All Made Of Stars (Timo Maas Dub
Remix) - Moby
11. Special K (Timo Maas Full Vocal Remix) -